At our preschool, we are committed to providing high quality early childhood education. Our programs value and respect individuality, diversity, community, family and the importance of children’s part in society.
We ensure that our learning and development programs meet the children’s needs as a group and as individuals.
Our programs take into account the children’s ideas and interests, but also includes educator (teacher) initiated learning.
As educators, we observe, listen and encourage suggestions from the children to help us chart the direction of the program, so it truly meets their needs and interests at any given time.
We recognise that children learn best when they are interested, are stimulated and are having fun, which could be through building, constructing, painting, drawing, creating, designing, singing, dancing and drama, amongst other things!
Some of the ‘educator initiator’ learning and development experiences include:
- Guiding the children respecting their peers and the environment
- Developing the children’s awareness of road safety issues
- Building friendships and learning to communicate and interact effectively with others
developing the children’s confidence and self-esteem
- Assisting the children to deal with conflicts and learning to express their feelings and needs appropriately
- Helping the children to recognize their strengths, and to be proud of their own abilities and achievements and those of their peers
Program Timetables 2017
4 Year Old Program
|Kangaroos – 4yr||1pm -5pm (4hrs)||8:30 – 2:00pm (5.5hrs)||8:30am – 2:00pm (5.5hrs)|
|Koalas – 4yr||8:30 -12:30pm (4hrs)||8:30 – 2:00pm (5.5hrs)||8:30am – 2:00pm (5.5hrs)|
3 Year Old Program
|Possums – 3yr||2:30pm-4:30pm (2hrs)||2:30pm-4:30pm (2hrs)|
|Wombats – 3yr||2:30pm-4:30pm (2hrs)||2:30pm-4:30pm (2hrs)|